Photo by Cory Popp
Classic Towns News
Submitted by canary on Tue, 06/14/2011 - 9:15am.
Realtors, are you making the most of social media?
Realtors are among the growing number of small businesses who are making social media marketing a staple for their businesses. Here are a few tips to help you use Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, and other social media platforms more effectively.
- Use your own voice and your own words. The social media sphere isn’t the place for real estate jargon.
- Be consistent and build your credibility by engaging and responding regularly. Join discussions, answer questions, and interact with your fans, friends, or followers.
- Support online relationships with offline interactions. Remember, there’s no substitute for physical networking, so grow your online network by going to local events like tweet-ups and meet-ups that allow you to turn online relationships into face-to-face networking opportunities.
- Keep it local by following and friending local organizations in your posts and updates.
- Follow the industry. Share newsworthy information, not just your personal life or specific homes.
- Be professional OR personal but avoid mixing them in the social sphere.
- Use your phone to keep active. Post pictures. Answer questions. Stay connected.
- Don’t forget LinkedIn. It’s a must for keeping in contact with old clients and colleagues.
- Follow yourself and track your audience. You can use a free, online tracking tool like Google Alerts to see if your information is being shared or your name’s being mentioned elsewhere.